Thursday, February 13, 2014

Why is that I have to use nasal strips to stop snoring at night?

Question by dynomite_1998: Why is that I have to use nasal strips to stop snoring at night?
I have nasal congestion. Is there any way I can get rid of it. That also affects me during the day.


Best answer:

Answer by Know-It-All
They open up your nose and you can breath better. The elastic strips pull the sides of your nose outward, allowing more air to go through your nose. That helps you to stop snoring.



Add your own answer in the comments!

2 comments:

  1. If it's chronic, you might talk to your doctor about allergies. One way to sort of tell if it's something in your house is to pay attention to how well you breathe other places. If you find that you can breathe better at work, or while in your car or while outside, you may have allergies to the dust in your home.

    I found it helpful to put anti-allergy covers on my pillows, mattress and box spring. Another thing that helped me was a HEPA filter.

    If you were my client, I'd tell you to get a vaccum cleaner with a HEPA filtration and keep your bedroom as dust-free as possible--even if that means vaccumming every day. No pets in the house or, at the very least, no pets in the bedroom. You might also play around with humidity. Dust mites and mold don't like humidity higher than about 50% so you might see if that makes a difference.

    Try these things in addition to any allergy meds your doctor recommends. Best Wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's a whole blog dedicated to stop snoring information. Hope it helps:)

    http://stop-snoring--now.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete