Monday, April 22, 2013

Why do I keep having nightmares when I sleep on the couch?

Question by WannaHelp: Why do I keep having nightmares when I sleep on the couch?
I'm married but I'm used to not sleeping next to my husband. He works third and when he is home to sleep he's usually snoring or tossing and turning so I usually sleep on the couch. But this past month whenever I do sleep there instead of the bed I have nightmares. Even if I'm just there for a nap. It never happens when I'm in my actual bed, just when I'm on the couch. Can someone help figure this dilemma out?


Best answer:

Answer by Crazy
It might have to do with recent stress



Give your answer to this question below!

2 comments:

  1. Could be associations with horror movies watched laying down on the couch. Could be that you have the TV on playing stuff like that while you're asleep, or having the TV on could cause your dream-state mind to misinterpret innocent programming. Finally, it could just be the unfamiliarity of the couch, or it could be just uncomfortable enough to cause you to subconsciously notice it in your sleep and induce stress, which would induce negative emotions, which in dreams would mean nightmares.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the SAME issues when sleeping on the couch. But I know why? Because couches aren't meant for sleep! :)

    I've noticed a proper bed is a must for me if I want to sleep soundly. I find my couch comfortable for watching TV, relaxing, reading, etc., but sleeping on it is a real torment for me.

    I also understand that snoring can be a real trouble. Try to finds some ways for your husband to stop snoring. There are many good products and resources out there.

    ReplyDelete