Monday, November 11, 2013

I am grinding my teeth in my sleep. - How should I prevent this?

Question by chasvanblom: I am grinding my teeth in my sleep. - How should I prevent this?
On occasional nights, I notice that I am grinding my teeth in my sleep. I wake up with "numb-feeling" gums in the morning, but I do feel well-rested.

What is causing this never-before-noticed habit and how should I cure this from causing any conditions that I know I am wearing in my mouth and teeth?
Could the bitter-cold temperatures outdoors or something else cause this?

I normally do sleep with my pillow underneath my knees so I will stay on my back and avoid snoring while I sleep. - I have just recently began noticing my numb-gums and am beginning to worry.


Best answer:

Answer by Charley
Penis



Add your own answer in the comments!

3 comments:

  1. Wear a mouth guard to sleep to protect your teeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. You may want to get a night guard
    I think a dentist can fit you with one

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a common problem. Talk to your dentist. You can get fitted for a night guard, that you wear over your upper teeth. While this doesn't stop you from grinding your teeth, you're actually grinding on the night guard, which is designed to absorb the force and prevent damage to the teeth, gums and jaw. If you are unable to afford one (they can run about $ 500 without insurance), then get an athletic mouth guard that can be molded to your teeth and wear that at night.

    ReplyDelete