Saturday, May 11, 2013

Does a Sleep Apnea Machine Stop Snoring?

Question by Rosee: Does a Sleep Apnea Machine Stop Snoring?
Does sleep apnea machine usage stop/prevent snoring?
Does the machine make noise?

My husband is getting a machine this week. I would like to know if he will stop snoring and I can sleep better. Or, will the machine be loud and disturb my sleep?


Best answer:

Answer by amandak2479
I think the sleep apnea machine is more disturbing to sleep than snoring! It's a whirring noise like a vacuum, but not as loud.



Give your answer to this question below!

3 comments:

  1. My husband uses a CPAP machine, and yes, it stopped his snoring completely. The machine does make a noise, sort of a "white noise" fan sound. I got used to it - I find it covers up a lot of other noises, like traffic, and now I practically need that noise to sleep well myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom and dad both use a sleep apnea machine and they still snore soooo loud plus you hear the machine. My parents snore so loud though that the machine is already heard anyways.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have it and i love my machine.. i dont think its that loud.. i know it is not as loud as my breathing and snoring.you both should sleep better.. you will get use to the sound its not that loud..but if it does bother you once you find out you can sleep or not you can always sleep in another room if it does bother you.. good luck

    ReplyDelete