Saturday, May 4, 2013

How do you deal with a situation where both you & your roommate snore loud, but 1 can't tolerate the other's?

Question by Yang-Yang!: How do you deal with a situation where both you & your roommate snore loud, but 1 can't tolerate the other's?
Well, I live in a single efficiency apartment, & my brother stayed with me for a few days last week. I know I snore, too. But him, OMG! I have sensitive ears (hyperacusis), & I nearly cried every night & couldn't get any sleep. Music or earplugs didn't help. I know I need to lose this weight, but I'm not sure if it would stop me from snoring since I had nasal surgery twice as a child.


Best answer:

Answer by odzookers
My gal is a VERY light sleeper, and I have a perforated septum and snore like a buzzsaw. I wear Breathe Right strips--and so should both of you.



Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!

3 comments:

  1. You could try finding something that has an equally annoying sound that you go to sleep to every night. Then, you won't be annoyed by your brother ;) Maybe a loud fan would work for you. Or maybe a loud & old fan because it might produce a really annoying sound hehe. Something like that could do the trick, just don't use something so loud that it hurts your ears or causes hearing loss ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Turn him to his side.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When my husband snores too loud I flip my head to the foot of the bed, that usually helps, but a few times I have had to go to the spare bedroom and shut the doors.

    ReplyDelete