Friday, May 17, 2013

How do I get rid of my snoring while I sleep?

Question by ☼♫ Pur3M4ddiN355 ♪☼: How do I get rid of my snoring while I sleep?
I've never really snored while I slept on a regular basis, but now I'm snoring every night and that's not usual for me. Sometimes I snore when I'm really tired. I've been going to bed at maybe twelve o'clock in the morning and getting up at nine to get my nine hours of sleep every night, but if I go to bed at ten and wake up at seven will I stop snoring?


Best answer:

Answer by cryptoxmit
It makes sense to try some simple non-invasive treatments first to see if they will reduce or prevent your snoring.

Sleep on your side
Elevate the head of your bed
Limit alcohol and medications
Clear your nasal passages
Lose weight
If you snore:

With your mouth closed: a problem with the tongue is probably the culprit

With your mouth open: your snoring is likely related to the tissues in your throat

Only on your back: your snoring is probably mild – improved sleep habits and lifestyle changes may be effective cures ... Do you sleep on your back? Try the “tennis ball trick”: sleep with a tennis ball (or any ball of approximately the same size) attached to the back of your pajama top. (You can sew a pocket or safety-pin a sock to the back of the pajama top, then put a tennis ball in it.) The tennis ball is uncomfortable if you lie on your back, and you will respond by turning on your side. Soon you will develop side-sleeping as a habit and not need the tennis ball.

In all sleep positions: your snoring is more severe and may require a more comprehensive treatment



Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!

1 comment:

  1. You could try a product called Slumber Guard - I use it and it works for me!

    ReplyDelete