Wednesday, May 29, 2013

My girlfriend sleeps over often but the problem with her is that she snores a lot when she is sleeping!?

Question by FrancisO: My girlfriend sleeps over often but the problem with her is that she snores a lot when she is sleeping!?
I tried to stop her snoring with the nose strips from CVS, it made it better a bit but she still does it! Is there any products or over the counter medication I can get to help her stop snoring!??? Please Advise.


Best answer:

Answer by Mark H
I had the SAME problem..but the problem was me not my GF. we tried everything, pills, snore guards, breath strips, nothing worked...she finally MADE me go to have a sleep study done and found out that I have a condition called "Sleep Apnea" and it was causing me to wake up 112 times per hour on average which I didn't really even notice believe it or not. Also my blood oxygen levels were dropping below 75%...any lower than that and theres a change you WON'T wake up to breath normally again. So they gave me a machine to sleep with it and my GF was terrified of it, but now she LOVES it as we can finally get the rest we both need.

Please, please please read this..don't take this lightly, its very common and i could be dead right now if i didn't get help. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_apnea

It does so much long term damage to you body that it would be crazy not to meet with a doctor if nothing else just to rule it out. dont take this as someone looking to get 10 stupid yahoo points, I really think you need to take her to a sleep doctor as she sounds like the way I was.



Give your answer to this question below!

No comments:

Post a Comment