Monday, June 3, 2013

How to make my dad stop snoring?

Question by #1vmkfan!: How to make my dad stop snoring?
My dad is currently snoring and I'm next to my parents' room. Their could be a freaking terrorist attack going on at my house and I wouldn't even know it cause his snoring is so loud! How can I make it stop? Whenever he snores, the walls in my room shake. He even stops snoring for a while and then suddenly SNOREEEE, and it gives me a massive heart attack? How can I make this man give me some peaceful sleep and rest for the rest of my life! Please help:) thanks:)


Best answer:

Answer by bender_xr217
Your dad most likely suffers from Sleep Apnea, a potentially deadly condition.
Those quiet pauses he has is when he stops breathing all together!
Do a web search on Sleep Apnea, read up on it and get to know some facts about it. Then assemble those facts and present them to him AND your mother and try to convince him to see a doctor about it. Not only for his health and well being, but for everyone in the house who is disturbed by his snores!



What do you think? Answer below!

2 comments:

  1. That's a miserable situation: you cannot sleep, and he cannot stop snoring. But is not his fault. Many people after 40 tend to snore (including women) due to age changes in the soft palatum. If you cannot take a room farther off, use some ears stoppers for a while. Still it is necessary to discuss it in your family. He may need another pillow, shouldn't sleep on his back or even needs a doctor's help. Excessive snoring is even dangerous with heart attacks as it gets in the way of normal breathing. You all need a sympathetic approach to solving this issue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buy some BOSE QuietComfort earphones!

    They have are earphones when you put them on they have a little button on the left earphone u slide it and you are completely deaf!
    You should consider buying one!

    ReplyDelete