Monday, June 10, 2013

What works better for sleep apnea? The chin strap or the mouthpiece?

Question by QTPIE: What works better for sleep apnea? The chin strap or the mouthpiece?
My husband wakes me up just about every night b/c when I snore I all of a sudden stop breathing. Majority of the time I wake up with headaches and sometimes I am fatigue. I clearly have sleep apnea & was just wondering if anyone knows which works best of the chin strap or mouthpiece to stop the snoring & help with the sleep apnea. I wanted to try this first before visiting the doctor. ~Thank you


Best answer:

Answer by roger m
visit your doctor and have a sleep study done. you'll probablt need a cpap machine and they have to tell you what pressure it should be set at. A sleep study you just go in and spend the night while they monitor your sleep. I have tried all masks and the full face is best for me. Once you get used to it you won't know your wearing it. you'll never go to sleep without it again.



Add your own answer in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment