Sunday, July 7, 2013

What is the cause of mouth breathing and how do I stop it and breathe through my nose instead?

Question by unknown: What is the cause of mouth breathing and how do I stop it and breathe through my nose instead?
I really want to stop mouth breathing because I get really bad breath and also I open my mouth a lot which looks stupid although I do not snore very loud


Best answer:

Answer by john
In my experience administering sleep studies, ppl normally breathe nasally. Any number of reasons can cause you to breath through your mouth....enlarged tonsils, allergies, deviated septum, weight distribution at the neck, sleep apnea, etc.

I know this does not answer your question as to how to stop it. I do need more info.

if your problem is allergies you can try those nasal strip.
If your problem is slight narrowing of your airway, you can try the dental appliance. (get with dentist for this)

forget the chin straps those don't look feminine and it rarely works



Give your answer to this question below!

No comments:

Post a Comment